If your vehicle is looking a bit ragged and in need of some tender love and care, fret not, as there are ways for you to clean it without having to dish out copious amounts of money to get it detailed.
We will go over several easy car cleaning hacks that will have your vehicle looking top-notch in no time at all. All that you need are everyday items found throughout your house. Let’s begin with your vehicle’s exterior.
Exterior Car Care Hacks
- Following a car wash, feel free to use a conditioner with lanolin on your vehicle’s exterior to help your vehicle shine.
- Grab your toothbrush and toothpaste to best clean your headlights. If your headlights are looking dull, the toothpaste will work wonders at removing the dullness and clearing out the lens.
- Wipe your windshield wipers with rubbing alcohol to prevent them from spreading smears when you use them.
- Use a homemade glass cleaner consisting of one cup of distilled water, two tablespoons of distilled white vinegar, one cup of isopropyl alcohol, and a plastic spray bottle.
- Rub a dryer sheet over your car to remove dead bugs.
You might also like: Warning Signs That Your Car Is Leaking Antifreeze
Interior Car Care Hacks
- Use an old makeup brush to get all the dust out of the air vents.
- The trick to removing pet hair from your vehicle is to spray the area with water, which allows you to pull all the pet hair with it. Be sure to just mist the area. A little water goes a long way.
- For a deeper clean, create a paste of vinegar and baking soda, scrub it into your upholstery, and then rinse it out. Not only will it get rid of the dirt, but the smells will be removed too.
- Sprinkle a little olive oil on your dashboard for added shine. It will also leave some moisture on the material, which makes it less likely to crack.
- After you clean out your cupholders, line them with cupcake liners. These liners will gather any dirt and gunk, which will make it easy to clean.
- Put a quarter cup of laundry scent balls in a mason jar to keep your vehicle smelling fresh. Make sure you get a lid with holes in it.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.